Achyranthes bidentata is a traditional medicinal material in Chinese medicine. Many people literally think it is the knee of a cow. In fact, it is not like this. Achyranthes bidentata contains large amount of BAI alkaloids, which can nourish liver and kidney, strengthen muscles and bones, clear channels and collaterals, and disperse bad blood. Clinically, Achyranthes bidentata is often used to treat cold and dampness, bone pain in the waist and knee, soft and acid in the waist and knee, limb tension, abnormal menstrual blood, postpartum blood stasis, abdominal pain, blood drenching, injury and knee flexion, etc. Achyranthes bidentata is one of the drugs commonly used in traditional Chinese medicine prescriptions to regulate collaterals and promote blood circulation
1. oleanolic acid a－L－hamnopyranosyl-β-D-galac－topyranoside
2. glucuronic acid；galacturonic acid；arabinose
|Pin Yin Name
|Huai Niu Xi
|Radix Achyranthis Bidentatae
|Achyranthes bidentata Blume
|achyranthis, ox knee, niu xi, huai niu xi, achyranthes bidentata
|Light brown root
|Smell and Taste
|Light smell, lightly sweet then bitter and astringent taste
|Whole, slices, powder (We can also extract if you need)
|Store in cool and dry places, keep away from strong light
|By Sea, Air, Express, Train
1. Achyranthis Bidentatae can activate blood and dredge meridians;
2. Achyranthis Bidentatae can tonify liver and kidney;
3. Achyranthis Bidentatae can strengthen tendon and bone;
4. Achyranthis Bidentatae can promote diuresis and relieve stranguria;
5. Achyranthis Bidentatae canconduct fire (blood) to go downward.
1. Ecdysterone has a strong protein synthesis promoting effect.
2. It has obvious inhibitory effect on ear swelling, anti-inflammatory and analgesic
3. It can excite the intestinal segment, improve the tension and strengthen the contractility.